Accepted applicants will be awarded up to $6,000 per child for approved uses. This program provides parents with more freedom to choose the best options for how their children will be educated. It will assist lower-income families with school expenses and can be utilized for Catholic school tuition.
We are called as Catholics to make a quality, truth-centered education available in our communities. ESTFs give families in our state a unique opportunity to access education that brings children to a better knowledge of God and the world around us.
Is my child eligible for the ESTF program?
The requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- Your child must be a South Carolina resident
- Have attended a South Carolina public school during the previous school year, OR have not yet attained the age of five on or before September 1 of the previous school year but have attained the age of five on or before September 1 of the current school year, OR have received a scholarship the previous school year; AND
- Your household income cannot exceed 200% of the federal poverty guidelines (Please see chart of poverty guidelines here).
- Note: Students currently enrolled in a public charter school, home school students, and students participating in the Educational Credit for Exceptional Needs Children’s Fund program are not eligible for this scholarship program.
What if my household income does not meet the requirements for the 2024-2025 school year?
For the 2024-2025 school year, the scholarship requires that you have a household income below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. However, in coming years, the program will expand to include more South Carolina families.
- To learn about how ESTFs work or to apply, click HERE
- To register for an Informational Webinar at 3p on 10 Jan or 17 Jan, click HERE
- Apply beginning 15 January 2024
Key Dates for Year 1:
- Application Period: 15 January – 15 March 2024
- Scholarships are awarded to students that meet the qualifications on a first-come, first-served basis!
- After the application has been reviewed to verify eligibility, you will receive another email notifying you of the eligibility decision. Please allow up to 14 days for your application to be reviewed.
- Scholarship Funds Available: July 2024